Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fundraising Chaircoon Appointed!


Hi. Pooka here. Kindra has finally gone to bed so I have snuck out to use her computer. I have to make sure I don’t give in to temptation and pull the keys off the keyboard. It is soooo much fun, but I can never remember the order they go in to put them back. Anyhoo, I need some human help.

All the humans around here are so busy taking care of the animals they don’t have time to raise money. And let me tell you, we animals are expensive to care for. I have a certain lifestyle I’ve grown accustomed to and need to be sure it is maintained (and eventually improved…I want my own room!). So I have appointed myself Chaircoon of the CLAWS Fundraising Committee. Since school is out, I’m not doing as many school programs and have some time on my hands, so the Kinkapoodle (he hates it when I call him that!) and I planned out a few fundraising events. Now we need some humans to help put them into action.

I need schmoozers. Schmoozers are special people with the gift to charm other people out of stuff. People who aren’t afraid to ask their fellow humans for things and money. I need people who can go around to restaurants and businesses and stores and ask them to donate something we can use for prizes and raffles for events. I can provide you with some information about us so you can take it with you to places you ask for stuff. I’d do it myself, but I can’t drive and regular people don’t understand me so we’ve got the whole communication gap thing happenin’. Not to mention the freak out factor if I happened to walk into a restaurant! So I need people to be my agents.

The other thing I really need is places to host our various events. Lori calls them venues. I really want a place where Kindra can have a dance. They want a ballroom. Why they want to dance in a room full of balls is beyond me. But she is my favorite human and I like her to be happy. The problem is that I have no allowance to pay for these venues. So we need generous people that will let us use their place for free or sponsors that will pay the rental fee for me. We also want to have some more car washes if you could locate some easy to find high traffic places that would let us wash cars.

CLAWS is blessed by the IRS so donations to us are tax deductible. From what I have been able to understand, humans don’t like this IRS tax thing much, but the tax deductible is a good thing. *shaking head* All that is very confusing and makes my head hurt, I need some blueberries.

Come be one of Pooka’s People and help me bring in lots of money for the animals of CLAWS. I am looking forward to hearing from you! Since I can’t always check email (Kindra doesn’t sleep enough), please email my new minion (she has been masterless since the passing of our beloved Alf, so I took pity on her and gave her someone to serve) at lori@nc-claws.org As a matter of fact, she is going to post this for me tomorrow because this whole Facebook thing is beyond the scope of my attention span. I’m amazed I managed to stay focused long enough to finish this blog…and the keys are all still on the keyboard!

We are looking forward to hearing from you very soon and having your help!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete